Inside, Outside & Beyond TRAQ
From Wood Anatomy to Tree Biomechanics & Technical Tree Safety Inspection
(Become a Certified RESISTOGRAPH Tree Expert)
with Frank Rinn, Rinntech and Bodo & Tobias Siegert, ITEG: Independent Tree Experts Group, Germany
May 10-15, 2016, Hong Kong
7 CEUs will be awarded for each day of attendance.
The Institute of Arboriculture Studies Hong Kong has long been committed to bringing high-quality educators and serious educational programs to Hong Kong… and now IASHK has a dedicated space as a training home in Fotan – the IASHK Space. The following training programs are available this May, 2016…
Lectures, Workshops & Certification Exam
List of May Seminars
- 10/5/2016 Workshop: Level III Tree Risk Assessment – Micro-Drilling, Tomography, & Mobile Software Apps with Frank Rinn
- 11/5/2016 Workshop: Understanding Wood Anatomy & Biomechanics for Tree Inspection with Frank Rinn
- 12/5/2016 Lecture/Practical: Resistograph Expert Advanced Level Training with Frank Rinn
- 13/5/2016 Course & Exam: CRTE: Certified Resistograph-Tree Expert (theory, readings analysis, & examination) with Frank Rinn
- 14/5/2016 Biomechanics in Field Forensics; Arboradix, AirSpade, Ground Penetrating Radar, & Static-Pulling Test with Bodo Siegert & Tobias Siegert
- 15/5/2016 Training-Workshop: Tree Stability Evaluation Training (TSE) with Bodo Siegert & Tobias Siegert
Please review the below details for each seminar. The Pricing Table is listed at the bottom of the page along with Registration Options. Also please note early registration discounts and ISA Hong Kong Chapter Member discounts are available.
Frank Rinn, inventor of the RESISTOGRAPH® and ARBOTOM® is world famous as an instructor on tree inspection and can help to make you a more expert arborist. Frank owns RINNTECH, a company that develops equipment for dendrochronology, tree and timber inspection since 1988.
Frank invented and developed different methods, machines, and computer programs for various applications in tree-ring analysis, dendrochronology, tree, and timber inspection, such as resistance drilling, sonic tree tomography & root-plate detection, as well as wood surface density analysis. He was granted several national and international patents and trademarks such as on high resolution and high-precision resistance drilling (RESISTOGRAPH®) and sonic tomography (ARBOTOM®). For his inventions and developments, he received several research and innovation awards (1989, 1992, 1997, 1998, 2004, and 2012). Besides managing RINNTECH (manufacturing, selling, and training), Frank also works as a court registered expert, inspecting trees and timber (structures). In addition, he lectures and has published several dozen papers on various topics.
Since 2001, he serves as voluntary Executive Director of ISA Germany and is on the ISA Tree-Risk Panel of Experts and contributes to the corresponding BMP. From 2011 to 2013 he served on the ISA Board of Directors.
Workshop: Level III Tree Risk Assessment – Micro-Drilling, Tomography, & Mobile Software Apps
- Educator: Frank Rinn
- Location: The IASHK Space
- Date: 10/5/2016, Tuesday
- Time: 9am to 5:30pm
- Maximum Attendees: 50 seats available
- Availability: Anyone can attend, no prerequisites
- Course Fee: HK$1,290 per person
- Early Registration Discount: to HK$1,160 until April 15
- ISA Hong Kong Chapter Member Discount: to HK$1,050 until April 15 (you must include your member number when registering)
- Group Discount: 5% discount for groups of 5 registering from the same company/department/organisation.
- Additional Discount: Further discounted when combined with other days